2

Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Right Way -(Writer's Circle - Fifteen Minute Exercise)

“Not that right, - the right right!” The instructor said, as I turned left. 

“You should hold your hands up...’ my mother would say ...”The one that makes an L....”
But that’s not advisable when your hands are on the steering wheel!

I don’t think writing ‘L’ and ‘R’ on my thumbs was a wise move for my first driving lesson either. The instructor visibly paled as I got into the driver’s seat and he caught me double checking them!
What’s even more worrying is that all these months later, they still need to be there, only now I have to paint my nails too – just to be sure! Black for the left hand and red for the right...or was it the other way ‘round?

You know, it’s funny. All those months ago my instructor didn’t get very thirsty at all during our lessons. Now he carries a small black flask which he drinks from, regularly. Although granted, his swigs are bigger after I’ve done the roundabout in the centre of town.

Lately as I know how thirsty he gets, I’ve started bringing cans of Coke for him. I like to be helpful, and there’s nothing worse than being thirsty is there? When I told him that, he muttered a swear word – or several!

Anyway, I think I’m improving a bit. Now I’ve worked out that if I go in the opposite direction to what he says, then I’ll be going the right way. It seems to work, well, so far anyway!


I wonder if he’s booked my test yet?









Image: Google
            'Family Guy'



#helenswriting

No comments:

Post a Comment